Job title: Legal Support Officer
Kabul _ Afghanistan
Agency: Ministry of Refugees and Repatriation
Location: Khost Province Directorate of Refugees and Repatriation
Support the refugees of North Waziristan in Khost
Legal support to the refugees of North Waziristan in light of applying national law policies.
- Assist DoRR Khost in drafting reports, routine correspondence, annual, quarter and monthly plans
- Support DoRR Khost for legal assistance to NW refugees applying the national law sstrategy.
- Provide advice and guidance on protection issues to internal and local external interlocutors
- Facilitate access to legal assistance for persons of concern and the issuance of personal documents by local authorities.
- Support the assessment, implementation and reporting the protection needs of North Waziristani refugees.
- Assess and monitor the situation for identification of health, education and livelihood needs of NW refugees and provide them legal support
- Negotiate with local counterparts, partners and populations of concern to resolve protection and assistance problems.
- Participate in Disaster Management Committee meeting Monitor and report on cases of protection protection incidents.
- Assist in identifying durable solutions for persons of concern in voluntary repatriation, local integration and where appropriate, resettlement.
- Assist in identifying the legal issues and provide with counselling
- Follow up of legal issues with local authorities and NGOs and provide the NW refugees with legal assistance
- Reporting of achievements to supervisor
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested by supervisor
Essential qualifications, skills and professional experience
- Completion of post-Secondary school. Certificate/Training in International Law, Political Science or related field is required.
- Good knowledge of English and local languages.
- Knowledge of Pashtoo mandatory.
- Minimum 3 years of previous working experience relevant to the function.
- Good computer skills.
- Email: email@example.com