Job title: Emergency Officer
Kabul _ Afghanistan
Agency: Ministry of Refugees and Repatriation
Location: Khost Province Directorate of Refugees and Repatriation
Support the refugees of North Waziristan in Khost operation, assessment, monitoring and coordination
- Regular monitoring of assistance distribution including winter assistance
- Advocacy for food and other required assistance for NW refugees
- Identifying the needs of North Waziristan refugees and advocacy for emergency assistance.
- Support DoRR in the assessment, implementation and reporting the protection needs of North Waziristan refugees.
- Assist the Disaster Management officer with reporting of activities on monthly, quarter and annual bases.
- Maintain close coordination with Government authorities, NGOs, INGOs for the support of NW refugees
- Assist in establishment of committees and councils of POCs, including elders, youth, women
- Support DoRR Khost consultative process with local government counterparts, partners and persons of concern for effective needs and risk assessment in emergency situations.
- Provide advice and guidance on protection issues to internal and local external interlocutors
- Negotiate with local counterparts, partners and populations of concern to resolve protection and assistance problems.
- Facilitate and monitor UNHCR’s responses in addressing protection needs of NW refugees
- Contribute to and monitor the emergency assessment teams
- Maintain protection presence and promote confidence building through regular field missions and reports, making direct contact with persons of concern, host communities, local authorities and partners.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested by supervisor
Essential qualifications, skills and professional experience
- Completion of post-Secondary school. Certificate/Training in International Law, Political Science or related field is required.
- Good knowledge of English and local languages.
- Knowledge of Pashtoo mandatory.
- Minimum 3 years of previous working experience relevant to the function.
- Good computer skills.
- Email: email@example.com